SITE ACCESS TRAFFIC MARSHAL
Competent Site Access Traffic Marshals are recognised as a ‘Planned Measure’ within Construction Logistics Plans and are a key part of the planning consent process. Well-planned construction logistics helps improve the safety of vulnerable road users whilst reducing congestion and environmental impact.
Course cost and what’s included
This one-day course costs just £115 (plus £23 VAT) per delegate and includes all course materials, refreshments, lunch, CILT certification and loading onto the online register of Site Access Traffic Marshals.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone employed as the ‘responsible person’ at the access point where the construction site meets the public highway. It prepares for the full role and responsibilities to be undertaken at the site access point and underpins the importance of road safety whilst reducing the impacts of construction logistics operations on the road network.
The course is for anyone needing to control vehicles, stop traffic, protect pedestrians or check for CLOCS compliance.
Course overview and objectives:
- The principles of traffic management and the responsibilities of the Site Access Traffic Marshal
- Directing and controlling vehicles in accordance with Health and Safety (Signs and Signals Regulations 1996) to ensure safe manoeuvring
- Directing and controlling traffic using the ‘Stop Works’ sign in accordance with Traffic Signs Manual Chapter 8 to ensure safe site access and egress
- Controlling vehicle movement to keep site traffic volumes at a manageable level through effective communication and radio procedure
- Taking steps to protect members of the public using temporary segregation and effective communication
- Checking vehicles for contractual road risk requirements in accordance with the CLOCS Standard and FORS accreditation
- Appropriate action to take in the event of non-conformity to contractual road risk requirements
- Immediate actions to take in the event of an incident, road traffic collision or security breach
In-house courses available
Site Access Traffic Marshal is also available as an in-house course – meaning you’re able to pick a location and date to suit your business needs.
If you have a group of delegates you’d like to attend this training then an in-house course is ideal. Course content can also be tailored to your specific business area, ensuring all material is relevant and engaging for your teams.
If you’re interested in finding out more about holding an in-house course, email us with your requirements.
Cost: from £1075 + VAT
Duration: one day
Number of delegates: up to 16
You may also be interested in: